B-17: ERRATA AND CLARIFICATIONS
1. Table BL-3 should read "Roll 1 D per attempt to extinguish fire."
2. Although there are six fire extinguisher counters provided, only five should be in play.
3. Table M-2, under Note (a), "FE 190" should read "FW 190". Also add: 2 or more FCA = FBOA,2 or more FBOA = Destroyed FCA + FBOA = FBOA.
4. Fighter attack die roll modifiers are cumulative for additional FCA and FBOA hits, except that a roll of "6" always hits. Remember that a fighter destroyed (even by an accumulation of hits) does not get to attack.
5. Recovery from frostbite is correct as shown in Note (b) to Table BL-5, not as shown in Rules Section 11.0.
6. On Table G-3, both Brest and St. Nazaire should be marked with an asterisk for increased flak occurence.
7. In the Rules Section 18.0, Random Events, the Random Events Table is incorrectly listed as "G-11", when it should be "B-7".
8. The notes to Table G-7 apply to Tables G-6 and G-8 as well.
9. If the Navigator is KIA or Seriously Wounded, Table P-1 Note (b) applies.
10. On Table B-5, 6 O'Clock High, Roll "11", "Walking Hits/Fuselage" should be Type (a).
11. In the rules on page 11, Section 6.4 should read "3 - 1 = 2 = One Wave."
12: There are no landing dice roll modifiers for having 1 or 2 engines out.
13. The B-17 takes a hit on Table P-1 (Nose Compartment), #10, rolls a second die "4-6" =Bomb Run -3. If this damage was done by flak the Bomb Run roll is now -4 (-3 for the damage, and -1 for being hit by flak during the Bomb Run).
14. If the "No Attackers" result is rolled on Table B-3, then the additional fighters which attack the lead and tail position bombers do not appear.
15. Spray fire is directed at a specific clock position (6 O'Clock High), not at individual attacking fighters. If more than one fighter attacks from this position (during a successive attack) roll once on Table M-5 for each.
16. If a B-17 takes a fuel tank hit which doesn't leave it enough fuel to bomb the target and return, the B-17 may abort the mission and still count it towards the 25 mission campaign.
17. A B-17 is never required to spend more than 2 Turns/Zone.
18. Table BL-1, Roll "10", Case (g) should say "4, 5, or 6 Turns" left, not Zones.
19. If a fuel tank which is already leaking is hit again, roll for damage normally (either fire, leak or self seal). The previous hit has no effect.
20. If an engine fire is put out by extinguishers, the engine is out and feathered.
21. If the Pilot Compartment Windshield is knocked out (Table P-2, #11), the heat is outfor this compartment (Pilot and Co-Pilot heat out).
22. Rouen is in Zone 4, not in Zone 5 as shown on Chart G- 11, Flight Log Gazetteer.
23. A B-17 can be irreparably damaged only by a flak BIP or crash landing.
24. Crew members may voluntarily bail out over England (Table G-6) before attempting a dangerous landing.
25. Vegesack is a U-Boat type target with increased flak ( + I to die roll on Table O-2).
26. When a B-17 lands in England with no landing gear, an additional roll is made for irreparable damage. If the plane does not crash, roll I D: 1-3 = B-17 is reparable; 4-6 = B-17 irreparably damaged.
27. The Radio Operator must be in the Radio Room to consider the radio operational and avoid the negative modifier for landing.
28. The altitude drop required by the loss of oxygen does not occur during the turn in which the damage takes place. Begin the next turn at 10,000.
29. When a result of "2" is rolled on Table G- I I Random Events, roll for feathering the affected engine according to Note (c) Table BL-1.
30. Any guns jammed by extreme cold (from a result of "10" rolled on Table G-1 l Random Events) are automatically unjammed if the B-17 drops to 10,000 feet.
31. A B-17 which must make a mandatory crash landing its next turn must resolve fighter attacks normally before landing.
32. When entering the Designated Target Zone roll for weather before determining Fighter Cover (Table G-5) or attacking enemy fighters waves (Table B-2).
33. The Ace bonus does apply to Tail Guns passing shots (see 9.2). The leading gunner ace of the 8th Air Force was a Tail Gunner proficient with this technique (l2 credited kills).
34. On Table G-8, Bailout Over Water, Note (b) applies only if the B-17 is out of formation when bailout occurs.
35. On Chart G-11, Flight Log Gazetteer, Note (a) applies to Table B-2 also.
36. On Table O-5, Area Affected by Flak Hits, for the results "6", "8", and "1 I", refer to Table BL-1, Wings, not BL-4 as shown.
37. Add this note to Tables G-7 and G-8: "Slightly wounded crewmen, die roll -1".